Crash! Swish! Clang! Crack! The sound of metallic blades fills the room. Once again, I'm facing one of my worst opponents: Fear. I wish to run, but there's no way out of this room! I face my opponent. I try not to look into his eyes, knowing the consequences all to well. I try to concentrate on the fight.
“You worthless girl!” he hisses. “Do you really think that anyone would want to be your friend? You're nothing but a freak! An outcast! You fail at everything you do!” he shouts as we rain blows on each other.
“Lord, help me! Give me the strength to continue the fight,” I pray while deflecting another pass.
He continues his ravings, “Do you really think that He would help someone like you? It's fool's hope! Garbage!” We separate swords and charge again. “There's no way you can defeat me!”
”On my own, I can't,” I reply. “However, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!”
He falters for a minute. ” I've overpowered you before; I can do it again!” he cackles.
“ Greater is he that is in me than he who is in the world,” I shout as he raises his sword to strike. Again, he stumbles, temporarily overpowered by the verses. He quickly recovers from the sudden jolt and strikes again.
“Lord, I need you! I can't keep this up much longer!” I cry as a sudden pass grazes my shoulder.
He cackles loudly, “Aha! Your weakening by the minute! Soon, I shall be victorious.”
“ They will soar on wings as eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They shall walk and not ... be faint,”
He acts as if he'll try to hit my shoulder again. I prepare for the blow. He changes direction as I strike out with all my might. Instead of hitting my still throbbing shoulder, he strikes me hard across the thigh. His blow sends me crashing to the floor and sends my sword flying to the other side of the arena. I lay there, dazed. I realize that I could never reach my weapon before my opponent reaches me. That's when it happens. I turn my head towards him, and our eyes locked. I am instantly paralyzed by the overwhelming tide of all my worst fears as they flood my mind. I try with all my might to push them away, but my efforts prove fruitless. Not again! I cry inside.
He flashes a sickening grin as he cackles, “ Your demise is eminent. I again am victorious!” He raises his sword for the final blow.
“ Lord,” I pray,”Save me!”
Just as my opponent is about to carry out my death sentence, the villain suddenly drops his sword and reels back, shading his face as a strong light floods the room from behind me.
A voice calls out,” Leave her alone, Demon!”
I look behind me to see my Savior enter the arena. Light radiates from his armor.
“You can do nothing more to her.” He stands in front of me with His sword drawn, ready to defend me.
My opponent rages, “Curses! This isn't the end. It's just the beginning! I'll get you next time!” With that, the demon vanishes.
My Lord turns around and extends His hand to help me up.
“Thank you!” I exclaim as He helps me up.
“You are very welcome,” He replies.
“I'm sorry I failed you,”
“You didn't fail me.”
“But, I lost. Fear overpowered me again!” I lament as I hang my head.
“That's what these trials are for! To help strengthen you, so you can defeat those fears. To help you to complete the mission I've prepared for you. And,” He retrieves my lost weapon. “ How to use this better.”
“ I know, but it seems so hard.”
“ I know that you can't do it on your own. That's why I'm here to help you. My strength is made perfect in your weakness. The trust you have in me along with the scriptures you learn will help you.” “Do you ever get tired of having to swoop in and save the day?”
“No. I love you, and I don't want anything to happen to you. I gave my life for you so we can be together forever. I have a special plan that I designed just for you to do. But, to do it to the best of your ability, you'll need to endure these trials.”
“ What is my special mission?” I ask for the umpteenth time.
He smiles and replies, “You know that I can't tell you that. Tell Me, if you knew the exact questions on a test, would it be hard or easy?”
“Easy.”
“Exactly. If you knew exactly what you would do in life, what choices you would have to face, and the temptations that would come your way, life would also be easy. It's easy to say what you would do in a certain situation, but it's harder to act on it. These trials are to help you understand what to do in a difficult circumstance and why.”
He holds me close in a warm embrace. “Soon, I'm going to come back and take you to live with me, forever. I'm making a very special place just for you.”
“Any hints on when you're coming back?”
“Soon.” My Savior says. “Very soon.” He takes my hand in His. “Come, My child. This trial is over.” As we exit, I know that harder trials are coming, but I know that I don't need to fear them. My Savior will always help me when I need it, and He can do the same for you.  

Views: 1956

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, for starters, it's a really good beginning. My mind is already spinning off in a million directions of what could happen next and why Karen is in the hospital. You write well, and this seems like it's going to be a story that actually has meaning to it. I love stories that have purpose and meaning to them.

Are those good reasons, or did I misunderstand your question?

You answered it very well. I like details in response to my writing. lol. teacher thing.

((Mental Dimension. Karen’s View))

Hey!

What?

I said, “Hey!”

Ow! No need to shout.

*giggles* Sorry, just wanted to make sure you could hear me. Been worried sick about you.

Uh huh. *disbelief* If you are so worried about me, why can’t I see you?

I’m in your head for starters.

*pause* Say what?

I’m in your head.

Okay?

You’re not crazy! Don’t think that!

*defensive* Alright, alright! So, do you want to explain yourself?

I’m going to try. You’ve got a lot to relearn, you know? First off as to “what” I am, I’m part of you. *pause* Kinda sorta.

*confusion* Go on.

You know how people talk to themselves and stuff? I’m kinda like that. A part of you that you can talk to. Like a conscience, but not a conscience. An imaginary friend, except I’m real.

*head hurting from trying to process*

Stop thinking about it for now! You’ll only make the damage to your noggin worse! *sigh* I’m Storyteller Rue, by the way. That’s what you named me anyway.

*pain clears up a little* I named you?

Yep!

Okay. *feels little unsure about all this*

I wanted to let you know that you’re not alone here. You’ve got me.

Thanks. Can you tell me why I’m here?

*hesitates* I’m worried that might make you hurt again.

*feeling a little desperate* Please, tell me something. I want to know.

*thoughtful silence* Okay, I’ll tell you a little bit.

Thanks, Storyteller.

First, it’s just you here. Everyone else is fine.

They didn’t get hurt?

No. It was just you.

Thank goodness. *feels relieved that loved ones are safe*

Yeah, this was just you affected.

What happened?

Let me tell the story.

Sorry, Blade, NOT A TEACHER THING !!!!!!!!!! :) I wish my friends would give me criticism or detailed specification of why they like/dislike my stuff!!!!!! :)

Lol. Not just a teacher thing. I like details, too. XD

In response to Storyteller Rue's "Let me tell the story," I say, "What a great idea!" :D

You really are a great writer, Blade. :)

Story Update!!!!

((Flashback))

Karen: *at desk in classroom grading assignments*

Boss: *enters room* *closes door* Mrs. Marvel? May I speak with you?

Karen: *looks up* Of course, Mr. Granger. *puts away assignments* What can I do for you?

Boss: *sits at another desk* I’m afraid you and I have come to an impasse.

Karen: *confused* Okay?

Boss: You see, I need this school to be run a certain way. A certain way that you can’t seem to keep up with.

Karen: With all due respect, sir, it’s early in the school year, and we have so many changes in the curriculum and school rules. I’m sure I can catch up quickly. My scores speak for themselves-

Boss: *pulls pen out of shirt pocket* *fiddles with it* I am well aware that you are a good teacher, Mrs. Marvel, but, alas, I’m going to have to relieve you of your position. *stands up* *walks up to Karen*

Karen: *stands up* Relieve me?

Boss: Yes. *takes tissue out of the box on Karen’s desk* *holds it over his face while pressing down on pen cap* *sleeping gas envelops Karen’s face*

Karen: *coughs* *tries to back away* *totters backwards* *falls to the ground asleep*

Boss: *transforms into Jereth* Effective immediately.

((Mental Dimension. Karen’s View))

So, I was undercover at a school, and Jereth found me?

Yep. *sigh* I know he’s a nightmare from your past. Been after your powers ever since they appeared.

What did he do to me?

*hesitant* He siphoned your energies for months. He somehow found a way to make your powers compatible to his biology. Tried to kill you and Jonathan with it when that boy tried to rescue you.

*alarm* Jonathan-

*quickly* He’s okay! Nothing happened to him! Time freezer knocked the old geezer out and brought you home.

Why was that scene so poorly done?

Well, with your mind in the state it’s in, it can’t handle a lot of details or it will overload. That’s why all your memories sound like badly done roleplay posts. They’ll get better as your mind heals.

Mr. GRANGER? Hahaha, read Harry Potter much lol? :)

Lol I was just starting to at the time.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, my, Blade, that is beautiful!

Thank you!

Twas beautiful and I actually had not read it before. Now I get the joy of looking through comments to find the updates/continuations. Blade, you might consider posting it all in one long sum so no one else gets the pleasure XP

Yeah, I didn't think about it back then.

RSS

© 2021   Created by Christopher Miller.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service